Your safety and security are our number one priority. However, please be aware that, as with any adventure, there is always an element of risk.
An Important Message to Our Guests:
A Torngat Mountains Base Camp adventure allows you to see this magnificent landscape from a truly unique perspective – as an Inuit homeland – and you are encouraged to seize every opportunity to experience its depth and beauty. As we share our world with you, we ask every guest to always remain respectful of our people, land, plants, and wildlife that call it home.
It is also essential to keep an open heart and mind. Group travel and activities always require an element of give-and-take, and daily activities and excursions are always weather-dependent. Greet each day with flexibility and a hefty sense of humour. And, above all, expect the unexpected!
Please note that it is illegal for guests to carry firearms in a national park. While most of our excursions are not considered strenuous and previous hiking experience is not necessary, good general physical health is required. Your safety and security are our number one priority. However, please be aware that, as with any adventure, there is always an element of risk. We offer a few recommendations, to help you prepare and pack for your magnificent Torngat Adventure.
Suggested Clothing and Equipment
- *Rain gear, Gortex type jacket, toque and gloves;
- *Waterproof/resistant wind pants for boat travel and hiking;
- Warm clothing (and spares): Fleece or wool sweaters and comfy/casual warm pants;
- Underwear and Socks – warm wool or polypropylene socks;
- A sturdy pair of hiking boots;
- *Rubber boots if possible;
- *Insect repellent/bug jacket;
- A small backpack for excursions ;
- Sunscreen, sunglasses and a hat;
- Camera, batteries and battery charger;
- Sneakers or light shoes for Base Camp use;
- Fishing rod with barbless hooks (these are also available);
- Pen knife, binoculars, and lighter;
- Alarm clock, tooth brush/toothpaste, shampoo and soap;
- Medications, corrective lenses, personal items;
- Sleeping bag/sleep pad (depending on the type of accommodation you have).
Before you leave home on your Torngat Adventure, please fax or email us your Medical and Waiver forms. Also, be sure to leave the Base Camp phone number (403) 799-7137, with your family in case of emergency, as phone or email is available at Base Camp only in emergency situations.