Our Research Station offers a wide variety of services, available right in the Park or on the neighboring Labrador Inuit Lands.
A major impetus for establishing the Torngat Mountains Base Camp and Research Station was to provide cost-effective, logistical and research support for scientific activities in this remote area. Our Research Station offers a wide variety of services, available right in the Park or on the neighboring Labrador Inuit Lands.
Ideally situated and designed to provide both comfort and convenience, our aim is to deliver an exemplary environment for all types of scientific and research work. Basic research equipment and baseline data are provided. If you have specialized requirements or need further clarification or assistance, please Contact Us. We will make every effort to accommodate your request.
Our facilities include:
- Accommodations – various types ranging from basic backpacking tents to insulated shelters c/w heat and electricity. See Base Camp Accommodations for more information.
- Office space: phone available (additional costs apply)
- Battery charging stations
- Storage: dry and freezer space available
- Safe work environment with electrified fence at Base Camp
- Air support (Dash 8, Twin Otter, Helicopter)
- Inuit Bear Guards
- Shipping and receiving
- Travel planning and support
- Fuel supply (diesel, gasoline, jet A-1, camping fuels, propane)
- Remote camp planning, transport, set-up and support
- Supply tents
- Food supply